Ford vs. GMC: A Brand Comparison
Does your growing business or active family need a reliable truck or SUV? Ford and GMC both produce highly capable trucks and SUVs, but you might still be thinking, “Should I buy a Ford or GMC?” To help you with your decision, the product specialists at Westlie Ford in Washougal, WA have put together this comparison of these two brands. Here you’ll learn more about Ford and GMC reliability, warranties, technology, and awards. After you’re done reading our Ford vs. GMC comparison below, we invite you to explore the new SUV and truck inventory at our Ford dealership in Washougal, WA for available models.
If you have any questions before continuing with our Ford vs. GMC trucks and SUVs page below, give the Westlie Ford team a call at (360) 602-2490.
Ford vs. GMC: Reliability
Whether you’re taking the camper to the lake for the weekend or need some extra muscle for the jobsite, Ford and GMC are both brands you can count on. However, our experts believe you’ll prefer the reliability and safety features of Ford models more. Check out the features you’ll find in Ford trucks and SUVs that will give you total peace of mind below.
- When you choose a Ford vehicle, you’ll appreciate the available industry-first rear outboard safety belts and the Safety Canopy® System, which provide additional protection for you and your loved ones should a collision occur; GMC doesn’t offer nearly as comprehensive of an airbag system.
- Exclusive to Ford models is the SOS Post-Crash Alert System™, which can activate the horn and emergency flashers in the event of a collision and alert emergency services for assistance.
- The Terrain Management System™, only available on Ford models, provide you with the reliability you need to take on virtually any terrain, including snow, gravel, sand, or grass. GMC models don’t offer a comparable feature.
Ford vs. GMC: Warranties
Ford and GMC both provide the same impressive powertrain, roadside assistance, and bumper-to-bumper warranties, but only with Ford will you also receive a safety restraint system warranty. If you want to equip your next truck with a diesel engine, you’ll want to choose a Ford pickup truck. Ford trucks outfitted with a Power Stroke® Turbo diesel engine receive a 5-year / 100,000-mile warranty. Check out additional Ford warranty specs below.
- Powertrain – 5 years / 60,000 miles
- Roadside Assistance – 5 years / 60,000 miles
- Bumper-to-bumper – 3 years / 36,000 miles
- Safety restraint system – 5 years / 60,000 miles
- Corrosion (perforation only) – 5 years / Unlimited miles
Ford vs. GMC: Technologies
While Ford and GMC trucks and SUVs offer plenty in the way of convenience and innovation, there are several technologies you’ll only find on Ford models. Check out several Ford-exclusive features and systems below.
- Take your daily drive to the next level with the optional, ultra convenient SYNC® Connect and FordPass™-exclusive to Ford-which allow you to check your fuel level; remotely lock, unlock, and start your vehicle; schedule maintenance; and so much more.
- Music lovers will love the 12-speaker B&O Play Premium Audio System by HARMAN, available on select Ford models; GMC models don’t offer this impressive sound system.
- Additional features you won’t find on GMC trucks and SUVs are the Ford SYNC® and SYNC® 3 infotainment systems, which allow you to connect to and control your smart device using Bluetooth® technology and voice command to stream music, make calls, and more.
- Ford is the first automaker to offer Ford+Alexa through the SYNC® AppLink™, through which you can access thousands of Alexa skills and services, including voice navigation, traffic information, and more.
Ford vs. GMC: Awards
Over the years both Ford and GMC have collected numerous awards, but only Ford can boast being named one of the Ethisphere Institute’s 2017 World’s Most Ethical Companies. Ford was also named by Universum as the 2017 World’s Most Attractive Employer and by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation as one of the 2017 Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality. U.S. News and World Report also named the 2017 Expedition and F-150 as best models for the money in their respective classes.
Are you ready to get into the driver’s seat of a new Ford truck or SUV? Schedule a test drive with your favorite model at our Ford dealership in Washougal, WA. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to the Westlie Ford team through our contact formor by calling (360) 602-2490.
Complete the form below and one of our friendly and professional staff will get you an answer right away.