2018 Ford Escape vs. 2018 Honda CR-V in Washougal, WA
Is your family in need of a versatile and dependable SUV with innovative tech and advanced safety systems? Great options to think about are Ford SUVs and Honda SUVs. To help you slim down your options, the product specialists at Westlie Ford in Washougal, WA have take to popular compact SUVs and put them head-to-head: the new 2018 Ford Escape vs. Honda CR-V. Continue reading to find out which one has the features your family needs!
In this comparison, we’re comparing the 2018 Ford Escape SE, starting at $25,700 MSRP, to the 2018 Honda CR-V LX, starting at $24,250 MSRP.
2018 Ford Escape vs. 2018 Honda CR-V: Performance & Towing
While the 2018 Escape and 2018 CR-V are perfectly reliable SUVs for daily driving, when it comes to towing, the new Escape far outperforms the new CR-V. Offering 2,000 lbs. more in towing capability, the 2018 Escape is ideal for weekend projects and family excursions. View additional performance details for these two compact SUVs in the following table.
|2018 Ford Escape SE||SUV||2018 Honda CR-V LX|
|1.5L EcoBoost® with Auto Start-Stop||Engine||2.4L i-VTEC® 4-cyl.|
|179 HP||Horsepower||184 HP|
|177 lb.-ft.||Torque||180 lb.-ft.|
|6-speed automatic with SelectShift® capability||Transmission||CVT|
|FWD; optional Intelligent 4WD||Drivetrain||2WD; optional AWD|
|3,500 lbs.||Max. Towing Capacity*||1,500 lbs.|
*when properly equipped
2018 Ford Escape vs. 2018 Honda CR-V: Technology
While the new Honda CR-V does offer several innovative tech features, our experts believe you’ll prefer the new Ford Escape thanks to its user-friendly infotainment system and connectivity features. 2018 Escape technology features include:
- SYNC® Enhanced Voice Recognition Communication and Entertainment System
- AM/FM single CD/MP3 with six speakers
- SiriusXM® Satellite Radio
- SiriusXM® Traffic with Travel Link®
- Optional SYNC® Connect
- Optional voice-activated touchscreen navigation with pinch-to-zoom capability
2018 Ford Escape vs. 2018 Honda CR-V: Interior & Cargo
Whether you choose the new Ford Escape or the new Honda CR-V, you’ll get comfortable seating for up to five passengers. The new Escape also delivers 68 cu. ft. of cargo space. While the new CR-V offers slightly more cargo space, you’ll enjoy more front legroom when you choose the Escape, as well as a multitude of comfort and convenience features, including:
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- 10-way power driver seat
- 60/40 split-fold-flat rear seat backs
- Steering wheel-mounted cruise and audio controls
- Eight cup holders
- Message center and trip computer
- Chrome door release levers
- Optional Panoramic Vista Roof®
- Optional partial leather-trimmed sport seats
2018 Ford Escape vs. 2018 Honda CR-V: Safety
The new 2018 CR-V and new 2018 Escape are both exceptionally safe SUVs loaded with advanced safety features; however, our specialists prefer the Escape over the CR-V due to several Ford-exclusive safety systems. View safety features of the new Escape below.
- Personal Safety System™ with dual-stage driver and front-passenger airbags
- Safety Canopy® System
- Rear view camera
- SOS Post-Crash Alert System™
- AdvanceTrac® with RSC® (Roll Stability Control™)
- SecuriCode™ Keyless-Entry Keypad
- SecuriLock® passive anti-theft system
Are you ready to get behind the wheel of the impressive new 2018 Ford Escape? Explore our new inventory, and then schedule a test drive with your favorite model at our Ford dealership in Washougal, WA. If you have any questions, get in touch with the Westlie Ford team using our contact form or by calling (360) 602-2490.
Complete the form below and one of our friendly and professional staff will get you an answer right away.